Personal Injury Attorneys in Houston
Aggressively Pursuing Justice for the Injured
Personal injuries that result in severe trauma, permanent disabilities, or wrongful death are never anticipated. Yet, they occur every day in Houston and across the nation due to the negligence, recklessness, or deliberate malice of others. They leave behind them distraught victims and their families, facing unpredicted medical and out-of-pocket expenses. No matter how you have been injured or left without a loved one, the bottom line is that when you or your family have been the victim of someone else’s negligence, you deserve to be compensated.
At Peckham Martin PLLC, our stellar legal team has been providing trusted and experienced legal representation for personal injury and wrongful death victims since 2008 when our firm opened. Throughout their legal careers, our team has accumulated more than 60 years of combined experience handling these types of claims. We have earned substantial judgments and awards for our clients which has led to top ratings by such legal industry organizations as Avvo and Martindale Hubbell®.
We know the law, how to thoroughly investigate negligence-based accidents. We work to build, negotiate, and litigate personal injury cases. Talk to us about your accident to learn more about how we can help you seek compensation for your damages and losses.
Reach out to one of our Houston personal injury attorneys at (713) 766-0051 to book your free consultation today.
Injury Cases We Represent in Texas
Personal injury and wrongful death cases can stem from numerous types of accidents and incidents. No matter what kind of accident you or your loved one was hurt in, we can offer our guidance and expertise.
At Peckham Martin PLLC, we handle:
- Car accidents - We represent auto accident victims throughout Southeast Texas, fighting for the compensation they deserve
- Truck accidents - We stand up to commercial trucking companies and their insurers to protect your rights
- Pedestrian & bicycle accidents - Our attorneys can help you recover compensation for your catastrophic injuries resulting from a pedestrian or bicycle collision
- Motorcycle accidents - We can help you if you are facing complications recovering compensation after a motorcycle crash
- Fire and severe burn injuries - Our team has specialized experience in representing fire and burn victims harmed through negligence
- Dangerous and defective products - If you were harmed by a defective product, we can help you hold the manufacturer accountable
- Dog bites/attacks - Dog bite claims are all too common in the state of Texas, and we can work with you if you were injured in a dog attack
- Slip and fall accidents - Even small slips, trips, or falls can lead to severe injuries, and we can offer our experienced advocacy in these cases
- Workplace injuries - We can help you navigate the complex work injury and compensation laws in Texas
- Premises liability - If a business or property owner has neglected their duty to provide a safe property, we can help you obtain compensation
- Nursing home negligence/abuse - If your elderly loved one was injured due to negligence or abuse by a care home, reach out to us right away
- Drunk driving accidents - DWI accident claims can become complicated, and we can work with you to file a claim against a drunk driver
- Inadequate security leading to criminal attacks - If you were attacked on someone's property due to negligence security, we can help you bring a claim for compensation
- Personal injury for veterans - Our attorneys are experienced in representing veterans in their personal injury claims
Compensation in Your Personal Injury Case
Compensation varies from case to case and is achieved through tough negotiation with insurance companies or by going to court. At Peckham Martin PLLC, we are not afraid to take insurance companies to court when they attempt to reduce or deny the compensation to which you are entitled. Their main objective is generally to pay you as little as possible to protect their bottom line. Our team will leave no stone unturned in preparing your case for a strong position, either at the negotiation table or in court.
Generally, compensatory damages may include all of your past and future medical expenses related to the injury, out-of-pocket expenses, pain and suffering, lost wages or income, mental anguish, and property damage. In the case of catastrophic injuries, these damages must be calculated to ensure that you have all of the financial resources needed to deal with the effects of such life-altering injuries.
This can include home and vehicle renovations, occupational therapy, physical therapy, medical equipment, long-term care, or perpetual daily assistance with even the most basic of daily tasks.
Compensation for Wrongful Death Survivors
In Texas, the surviving spouse, children, or parents of the person who has died in a wrongful death may file a lawsuit against the at-fault party. Should none of these family members exist, a suit can be filed by the deceased person’s estate representative. Compensation from a wrongful death suit may include funeral and burial expenses, medical expenses, and the pain and suffering endured by the deceased prior to passing away as well as the loss of financial support, companionship, and mental anguish for the surviving family members.
Personal Injury Claims for Veterans
As a veteran, you have unique civil legal needs. As a veteran, when you return to civilian life, internal scars and prior injuries can often affect your reactions and needs when newly injured. We handle personal injury claims for veterans with special attention to treatment and care needed. Additionally, veterans’ medical records and federal medical liens require experience in handling. We have that experience.
We protect and fight for you and your family when you are injured as in:
- 18-wheeler and car wrecks;
- Fire and fire-related injuries;
- Chemical exposure;
- Jail death and other civil rights actions
Were you hurt as a result of someone else's negligence or wrongful act? Reach out to us online for help.
“You should definitely consider having these two fine lawyers as part of your team!”- Tom K.
Whether you are an individual or a lawyer in need of legal representation, we are here to help you with your case throughout the Southwest and beyond.